Become a Pyjama Angel
Do you have what it takes to become a volunteer Pyjama Angel? On average there are 43,000 children in foster care in Australia and they need your help. All you need to do is spare one hour a week to share a love of learning.
Are you interested in finding out more about our Pyjama Angels, please read the FAQ sheet below:
Want to find out more? Please email Admin@thepyjamafoundation.com
Conditions of becoming a volunteer for The Pyjama Foundation.
A volunteer must:
- Be willing to make an initial minimum commitment of 3 months, ideally The Pyjama Foundation would like you to volunteer for at least 12 months.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have basic English language, literacy and numeracy skills
- Possess a love of learning and the ability to create a fun filled environment
- Be willing to acquire and maintain a valid Working with Children check
- Display traits of resilience, including: the capacity to make realistic plans; have a positive view of yourself and confidence in your strengths and abilities; have skills in communication and problem solving
- Understand and respect confidentiality
- Have your own transport (not completely necessary, but will determine ability to be placed with a child )
- Visit your allocated child, for an hour once a week in their home
All volunteers must undertake the screening process to ascertain their suitability to fulfil the role of a Pyjama Angel. The process involves completing the application, a face to face interview, referee checks and training.
I want to start the process of becoming a Pyjama Angel!
- Click on the map below to choose you State and you’ll be directed to the page appropriate to your State’s requirements.
I love my work with my little person. Sometimes I feel like I might be the only light of positivity in her week and that pains me, but I will continue to be this light for her as long as she needs it.