Become a Pyjama Angel
Want to find out more? Please email Admin@thepyjamafoundation.com
Conditions of becoming a volunteer for The Pyjama Foundation.
A volunteer must:
- Be willing to make an initial minimum commitment of 3 months, ideally The Pyjama Foundation would like you to volunteer for at least 12 months.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have basic English language, literacy and numeracy skills
- Possess a love of learning and the ability to create a fun filled environment
- Be willing to acquire and maintain a valid Working with Children check
- Display traits of resilience, including: the capacity to make realistic plans; have a positive view of yourself and confidence in your strengths and abilities; have skills in communication and problem solving
- Understand and respect confidentiality
- Have your own transport (not completely necessary, but will determine ability to be placed with a child )
- Visit your allocated child, for an hour once a week in their home
All volunteers must undertake the screening process to ascertain their suitability to fulfil the role of a Pyjama Angel. The process involves completing the application, a face to face interview, referee checks and training. Find out more about what the Program involves and how it can help change a child’s life.
I want to start the process of becoming a Pyjama Angel!
- Click on the map below to choose you State and you’ll be directed to the page appropriate to your State’s requirements.
Being a Pyjama Angel is so incredibly rewarding. To see my little cherub grow, and achieve things like reading an entire book – it’s a huge win, not just for her, but for me too. It’s the little wins that count, and to see her face light up when she achieves something makes it so worthwhile.